Applications will be reviewed on an “as submitted’ schedule, final deadline to apply is midnight EST on Monday August 29th
All Interested Applications Should Submit a Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BYP100 & This Election
BYP100 believes that civic engagement is not the beginning or the end of the work we’re building towards a vision of radical black liberation. It is a tool and an opportunity to build power, infrastructure, and data on black youth to help influence our ongoing campaigns and organizational initiatives.
In this election we will be running community-based, black youth led registration, education and turnout initiatives focused on engaging the community we represent—young black people between the ages of 18-35. We will not be focusing on candidates (Presidential or otherwise), but on how this election impacts our communities outside of candidate personality politics.
BYP100 will be looking to hire 3 canvassers in each of the following cities to support BYP100 election work:
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Detroit, MI
- Durham, NC
- Jackson, MS
- Oakland, CA
- New Orleans, LA
- New York City, NY
- Washington, DC (Maryland & Virginia Canvasses)
Pay: $13.50/hour for up to 15 hours work per week starting immediately running through the voter registration deadline with the possibility of extension through election day with program modification. In addition to payment, BYP100 will cover public transportation and gas costs during working hours.
Time: Roles will be hired immediately with flexibility with hours and schedule.
Doorknocking & Street Teams Canvasser Role Description:
- Experience organizing on issue-based and/or electoral campaigns
- Experience participating in field tactics (Street teams, doorknocking, phonebanks, etc.) from conception, through implementation, and evaluation
- Interest in issues of criminalization of black youth, economic empowerment of black people, and the decriminalization of marijuana
- Outgoing, positive, and open personality
- Commitment to the empowerment and engagement of Black youth
- Canvassers will be responsible for implementing the following deliverables:
- Collection of voter registration cards & election pledge card
- Support around data collection and tracking
- Participating in volunteer street teams and doorknocks on Saturdays, Sundays, and weekday nights starting in September and then running through election day
Jessica Pierce Brianna Gibson
National Chair National Organizing Co-Chair
Washington, DC Oakland, CA