BYP100 organizes for the liberation of ALL Black people. In the wake of the release of the video showing the execution of Laquan McDonald, we are poised to continue our organizing across the United States. It is OUR duty to FIGHT for our freedom.
Here’s what we want:
- We demand all local, state and federal budgets to defund the police and invest those dollars and resources in Black futures.
- We want reparations for chattel slavery, Jim Crow and mass incarceration.
- We want to end all profit from so-called “criminal justice” punishment – both public and private.
- We want a guaranteed income for all, living wages, a federal jobs program, and freedom from discrimination for all workers.
- We want the labor of Black transgender and cisgender women (unseen and seen, unpaid and paid) to be valued and supported, not criminalized and marginalized.
- We want investments in Black communities that promote economic sustainability and eliminate the displacement of our people.