WHY ARE WE FIGHTING FOR $15?
- Black folks make up only 11.4% of the national employed population in 2014, but we made up 20.5% of fast food workers.
- 46% of Chicago’s Black workers are in low-wage jobs.
- 1/2 of all Black workers in New York City are low wage workers
- A $15 per hour Chicago minimum wage would give a raise to an estimated 510,000 workers representing 38 percent of Chicago’s workforce.
- 1/2 of all low wage workers in NYC are Women
- WATCH: Black Work Matters: The Fight for $15